Charity & Community:
I am often asked to talk to or present at local community and support groups. I receive good feedback that my talks are interesting, informative and valid to the listener.
Educating the community in this manner has taught me, very few people understand:
- Role of a celebrant
- Legalities of marriage
- Legal consequences of marriage
- Relationship education and advice prior to marriage.
- Changing name, bank accounts, wills etc once married
- Value of marriage to the community
- Types of ceremonies offered or
- Benefit of ceremony to the family and the community at large.
- Budgeting and cost saving tips when planning a wedding
- Honouring our elders
- Creating a living eulogy
- Family Tree and lack of family knowledge by our youth.
- How to have a ceremony in our celebration and keep the costs down.
I am happy to consider any promotion your committee feels will be beneficial.
If your club house has a function room, i am happy to offer discounts to clients who book my services and your function room. I will also match the discount with a donation to your club.
Promotion of Charity items:
Many organisations sell day to day items, promoting the charity. A portion of the sale then goes to the cause. This is a popular fund raising technique used by the Breast Cancer Society etc.
I am more than happy to promote these items to Brides and Grooms to be used as favors or gifts used at the reception.